As you may have stumbled on parts of our systems testing on the Steam Workshop for Eternal Crusade, here is the general information you need to know.
What you see during this intermittent testing is not approved content for upvoting, and while it may be from customers, it will need to be re-uploaded after approving the terms and conditions.
- You will need to accept the new EULA for Eternal Crusade, and the Games Workshop user-generated content. You can see examples in current Games Workshop games of EULA examples.
- This section is linked to from the Steam Workshop, will have requirements, guidelines, tutorials, do's and don'ts and knowledge sharing. You can see examples on the Total War wiki and the Dawn Of War 3 wiki.
- These mods are made by players and are not officially licensed by Games Workshop.
- You are not permitted to charge or ask for money for your content, as this is not "Ready-to-use" content, it requires integration into a client patch, and will be available for everyone through play. This content will not be sold for Rogue Trader Credits or part of DLCs unless specifically approved by all parties, including the content creator. It will predominantly be unlockable or acquired through Requisition Points (play) or Faction Rogue Trader Credits (Campaigns).
- This is a curated Workshop. It means that uploaded content will be approved by us first, then tagged, and available for upvoting. Games Workshop and Behaviour Digital have final approval of all content submitted.
- The workshop is moderated like all our channel and we will remove any materials that infringing of a 3rd party, denigrating (rude, offensive etc), and/or materials that are Games Workshop Intellectual Property but not Warhammer 40,000 (ie, Warhammer Fantasy, Age of Sigmar).
- Finally, there will need to be a 'gate' to accept the EULA (tick box) in order to upload content to the Steam Workshop. This is very important as it forms the implicit consent to the rules for modding.
If you are excited about joining the Workshop community, there are a number of Discords to join already.
More information as it becomes available.